The history of Guesthouse "Zum Grünen Baum"
Our guesthouse "Zum Grünen Baum" was first mentioned in the fire damage list of Glorenza in 1732 as "Antoni Waschglers Wirtsbehausung am Stadtplatz" (Antoni Wasglers' inn at the town square). The owners of the guesthouse from 1775 were Mr. Johann Grasser, Mr. Josef Grasser, and Mr. Franz Gransser.
In 1852 the then mayor, Mr. Anton Trauner, took over the guesthouse and reconstructed it at the beginning of the 20th century (1904).
The guesthouse "Zum Grünen Baum" played an important role during the k. & k. monarchy. The guesthouse had to offer accommodation for at least 10 guests with carters and horses.
At the middle of the 20th century, the children of Mayor Trauner took over the guesthouse, until Mrs. Gertrud Trauner, widow Bachmayer, the mother of today's owner Mr. Manfred Bachmayer took over the guesthouse in 1972.